Thursday, October 24, 2013

A recap of this week.

Hey guys!  I thought I would share a few photos I took from this week, thus far.  I haven't been using my iPhone camera a ton in the past week--um, what is going on here!?--as proof on my slower Instagram feed, but nonetheless I made sure to snap a few as I planned to share this post today.  

Nothing extraordinary went down, in fact, it has been quite an ordinary week, but alas here are some photos if you'd like to see...

 On Monday night Marco and I went out for burgers and to Mexx to do some shopping for him.  While waiting for him to try on suits and shirts, I snapped a shot of myself.  I really love these Klarr boots from Aldo, they were a bit on the pricey side, but I feel so good in them, they aren't too high and are comfortable--a sure fire way that I will wear them a lot.
Outfit deets:  Dynamite jacket (old), Zara cardigan (thrifted), Zellers fox cami, Sirens pants, Aldo boots & eBay bag.

Sidenote:  I'm thinking about consigning this bag, unless anyone here is interested in it?  If so, just shoot me an email acoest1984@gmail.com 


Before burgers and shopping was filming my next Place d'Orleans video.  It's a chatty video and it involves a lot of colours--and bloopers!

I filmed in my bedroom this time and used the new light I got from Sarah's hubby.  They own a photo booth business--for weddings, events, etc.--and the stand for this one got broken at a party so they've given it to me on lend until further notice.  It's awesome because now I have the option to film my YouTube videos in evenings when there is no daylight.


One of my purchases you will see in my next PDO video.  I tend to sock away my purchases until I have time to film my videos, which means I don't ever wear them right away.  I wore this Le Chateau top the day after I filmed and loved it more and more as the day progressed--so pretty, a great colour & a perfect cut for me.


Since I've been lifting weights at the gym--versus cardio and body resistance workouts--I have been making protein shakes afterwards.  That said, frequently I don't have any protein with me as a gym session might happen on a whim and while I try to keep my gym bag in my car #noexcuses, I often end up "having" to buy a shake afterwards--which isn't exactly the most cost effective thing to do, but a nice treat once and a while.  Anyway, I had the brilliant idea to ration my protein into small snack bags for my gym bag (riveting, I know). It's perfect as I can just dump the pre-measured powder into my water bottle after my workout and go.


Tuesday night I met Marco at the gym for a later evening workout.  Temperatures have really dropped in Ottawa so I pulled on sweatpants, a hoodie, Uggs & a jacket to head out.
Outfit deets:  Bench jacket, Lululemon hoodie, DKYN tee, Ardene sweatpants & Uggs.


My sister came for a visit at work yesterday with my nephew.  He's almost three months and these little socks had little rubber grips on the bottom--ahhhh-dorable.


Wednesday evening I hit up Place d'Orleans to shop and collect some items for my November video.
Outfit deets:  Winners jacket, Club Monaco scarf, Sirens leggings (navy blue but you can't tell), Spring boots & Aldo cross-body/clutch.


I stopped at Marco's on my way back and he made an amazing chicken parm for dinner with a home-made spaghetti.  So good.



And finally, a purchase from last night, this 3.1 Phillip Lim bag from Target--eep!  While there are still some clothes left of the line at my location, bags have been long gone.  Even when I went at noon on opening day there were none so imagine my surprise when I sauntered in and saw this one... for 50% off!  I think someone bought it, probably used it, and returned it.  The tags were still on, but still... and guess what?  I don't care.  I scooped that up faster than you can say That's my bag, ya bish! and made my way to the cash.  

$31 with tax, thankyouverymuch.  

Also, it's super huge and will be perfect for everyday use, but even more so for lugging around extra stuff like my MacBook, DSLR, a scarf, extra pair of shoes and my lunch even.  Awe-some.

SHARE:

5 comments

Renee said...

Love the bag, I've heard so many good things about it. I am patiently waiting for Target to open here in St. John's. #feelslikeitstakingforever

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Renée: Thanks girl! We JUST had three locations open a month ago, and they are saying the other four (?) will be opening in 2014. I can feel your pain though, we JUST got an H&M; dont' you guys have one??

Kelly said...

I think I saw that bag on Tuesday! I was at Target at Place D'Orleans after work and saw that exact bag.....briefly considered it but realized that I didn't need a new black tote. I didn't notice that it was on sale though which may have changed my mind! Glad it went to a good home :)

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Kelly: no way!!? It wasn't marked on sale, but everything else Phillip Lim was so I snatched it up and scanned it and sure enough, it was! I totally needed a new black bag, and one of this size, so THANK YOU for leaving it for me! :) ;)

Renee said...

Nope, no H&M. We're always the last to get everything. :(

Blogger Template Created by pipdig