Friday, November 26, 2010

Twirl

 Old Navy coat, Unknown jacket (thrifted & last seen here), H&M dress (last seen here),
Garage skirt, Aldo wedges, Givenchy tights & H&M cuff

Confession:  I bought these shoes in black, as you can see.  I initially tried to get them in black, during my trip to Toronto but they didn't have the black in my size.  I ended up loving the brown equally as much as soon as I slid them on.  However, I still wanted the black... especially after how much I was rocking the brown.  I checked online and sure enough they still had my size (rare). 

So this dress is one of the items I purchased in Toronto and I'd been dying to wear it.  It's a little on the short side in the front so I was unsure about wearing it to work, especially with a nude coloured tight.  However, using my skirt-under-a-dress-trick it worked out perfectly.  And good thing too as when I left on my lunch break it was quite windy and my dress was gusted up, up and away a la Marilyn and had I not been wearing the skirt I would have flashed several middle-aged men out for their smoke break.  Close call.
  

SHARE:

17 comments

Annebeth said...

those shoes are supersexy, hot legs! very cool outfit too, sort of casual elegance!


if you have some spare time, check out my blog! I just did a post on my new LanvinxH&m dress!
http://stylingdutchman.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love love LOVE your nail color! Any chance you are willing to share what it is?

Veronika said...

wow those wedges look awesome, so very flattering!

xoxo
-veronika

ElisabethCS said...

You are so stinking gorgeous!!! OMG! I love the outfit! Your under skirt trick is great...must use:)

New follower...love your blog!

elisabethcs.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love the dress!

Shop T.O. Live said...

I scrolled all the way back to your Toronto trip and caught up from there. I'm so happy you had a good time here and were able to find some great things.

You look gorgeous. And I especially like that trick with the skirt under a dress thing. I sometimes try bicycle shorts too but it doesn't look as sophisticated.

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

Jennifer: (nailcolour) It's OPI 'Lincoln Park After Midnight'

Check out my Formspring page to ask any other questions to ensure I answer them :)

Jen said...

You are beautiful! And I love the swirl of the skirt on that dress.. so pretty!

Jen
I`m hosting a Lanvin x H&M giveaway on my blog, so swing on by!

Sharon Lei said...

A, I love the dress.. the patches and how it drapes is a dream! :) Looks so dang good on you. But then again everything does!!

xx Love & Aloha

Unknown said...

I love that you're behind the grocery store ...lol. Love it. Fab dress!!

myedit said...

I have been loving the high wedge lately... I ma holding out for Lamb pair at Winners... I want them to go on sale..
Love the creative and modest (too bad for those guys) layering!

ps. No twitter... I am still debating with myself over it:)

Unknown said...

LOVE your dress! It twirls so nicely :)

xx

. said...

Great shoes! I love the necklace too

Kara said...

Great shoes!! I love them in brown as well...you can never go wrong with a pair of solid wedges!

I would never have guessed that dress was short on you! It looks fantastic lady! :)

xo

Bridget said...

love your dress. and shoes. you look fabulous

said...

I have this dress and its one of my favorites. You look gorgeous I love the way you styled it!

Emma
TheSidewalkIsMyRunway

Anonymous said...

awesome look. love the twirl!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig