Saturday, September 26, 2015

Travel Style


O U T F I T  D E E T S :  DYNAMITE SWEATER (SIMILAR)  |  SCARF  |  ZARA DENIM (UNDER $50, UNDER $100, SPLURGE)  |  SNEAKERS  |  MAT & NAT BAG (SIMILAR)  |  JOE FRESH LUGGAGE TAG (SIMILAR, SPLURGE)  |  SUNGLASSES

When I'm traveling, comfort is key and while I want to look somewhat put together, sneakers are always a given.  

These are my second pair of Pumas (the first pair I ruined during the trip to Italy back in April) and they are by far the comfiest tennis shoe I own.  I seem to be turning to them--and sneakers in general--not just for travel, but on the weekends for running errands and casual get togethers with friends.  As long as they are fresh (ie. clean), you can pretty much style them with anything and get away with it right now.

To up the chic-factor, I like to add an oversized scarf which pulls double duty as a blanket if it gets too cold, and works as a stylish third-piece to outfits during your trip.  If you're going to go denim, tons of stretch is key, minimal jewelry and lose the socks to earn cool-girl points.




I always tie my laces on the underside of the shoe tongue, and tuck 'em.  I think it looks sleeker and you don't have floppy laces hanging out.  As shown here with my Chucks, here with my hi-top sneakers at the gym & here with Stan Smiths.




COMFY TRAVEL STYLE

SHARE:

2 comments

Dawn said...

Loving the gray jeans and scarf! I think I'm going to grab some fabric from the store and try to make some scarves this year. I can't find the colors I want, so I'm going to give it a shot.

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Dawn: SUCH a great idea!! If you make one can you tweet me and show me? :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig