Wednesday, August 19, 2015

A DIY Kimono & Instagram Outfits


F21 DRESS (SIMILARSIMILAR SLEEVELESS)  |  SKIRT  |  NECKLACE  |  HEELS  | BAG

I picked up this dress from Forever 21 a few weeks ago and absolutely love it.  It was a really inexpensive item that makes a major impact--and one that looks expensive when it really isn't.  I wore this to work and then to a business meeting and out for drinks.  It pulled triple duty easily so I'd highly suggest snagging something like this if you're into the billowy look.



DIY KIMONO (SIMILAR)  |  CAMI  |  PARASUCO DENIM - OLD  |  ALDO WEDGES - OLD (SIMILAR)  |  BAG (ON SALE!) |  SUNGLASSES


I bought the fabric for this kimono last Summer and never got around to using it, so I finally sewed this kimono a couple weeks ago.  I didn't use a pattern, just loosely went by the look of other kimonos I own and it turned out pretty well.  I still have one other chiffon fabric to make another kimono so hopefully I can get that done before Summer is over!




I bought these sneakers online and ordered my usual size, but they are a tad big (insert sad face here because they are freaking awesome).  So, since I am flopping when I wear them, I've decided to sell them on eBay.



MAISON SCOTCH JACKET (SIMILAR)  |  JACOB TEE (SIMILAR)  |  DENIM  |  HEELS  |  H&M BAG (LOVE THIS ONE & THIS ONE)  |  HAT

I wore this to the Media Preview at Simons the other night.  These heels have been one of my most worn this Summer.  I usually gravitate towards wedges, when picking favourites, but these have a nice rubber sole, a cushiony under padding and are easy to walk in.  Bonus, they get tons of compliments every time I wear them.



AMERICAN EAGLE TOP - OLD (SIMILAR)  |  URBAN PLANET SKINNIES (LOVE THESE)  |  WEDGES  |  NECKLACE  |  H&M BAG (SIMILAR)

I love wearing neutrals, but sometimes I feel guilty for all the black, white and grey and a closet full of colour.  Summer is the perfect time to break out the colour and sometimes, on the rare occasion, I do.

SHARE:

4 comments

thefashion-junkie said...

I love your outfits! You look great :D I really like that Forever 21 dress X

THEFASHION-JUNKIE

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@The Fashion Junkie: thanks so much!

Unknown said...

Love your DIY kimono! Great outfits!

Shae @ Current Habits

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Shae: Thank you so much! Checking out your blog now...

Blogger Template Created by pipdig