Friday, January 25, 2013

An Organized Linen/Make-Up/Accessories Closet


I will often let messes get messier.  It's a terrible habit, but I do it and then it stresses me beyond belief until I attack the mess and get it under control. 

My make-up/accessories/linen closet has been one of these things; haunting me every weekend while I'm trying to do fun things (the nerve!) and every time I open it up to grab something (or throw my laundry in the basket below), I wanted to shudder.  Then, instead of tackling it, I would quickly close the door and, well, run off and do something fun instead.

I finally pulled everything out the other night, organized, purged (a ton) and then figured out a way that would work for me to be organized and make getting ready in the morning a little bit easier.  I amalgamated all my accesories onto one shelf (the upper) and kept the beauty/make-up products down below.  I also pulled several things from the kitchen that I keep but barely use to help this effort: the home-made cake stand in the back for bracelets, the large black bowl to hold smaller bangles, a regular wine bottle for hinged bangles, a decorative vase from my room for the leather-wrap bracelets, regular glass ware for an overflow of nail polishes, and a clear glass bowl with a wide mouth with a lid for rings.




I also wanted to show you how I display my necklaces.  Silver on one side and gold on the right, some nails in the wall and voila...
SHARE:

4 comments

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty ghetto.

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Anon: thanks for the lovely comment. I have a small place and need to make use of the space as best I can. I don't have an extra bedroom to use as a closet/make-up/accessories room nor do I have any storage in my tiny bathroom. I'd love to see yours! Must be beautiful if this is ghetto :)

Jenn said...

I think it looks great and way easier to find things you need to get to! I have the same type of shelves in my bathroom and it seems like i just throw everything in the baskets and then i cant find anything. You are very organized and something simple like this is so easy, why dont we all do this?!!? Love your blog!!

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Jenn: Awwww, thank you so much for the sweet comment! <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig