Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tanning the White Girl

Frankie & Missy top, Ur\ban Behaviour skirt, Wild Diva booties (last seen here),
Smart Set necklace, fiance's watch & Bay bangle

I'm always baffled when I hear about people still tanning (using tanning beds).  There is so much information and knowledge out there about how terrible it is for you, it's hard to believe people choose to ignore it in favour of bronzed skin.  Now I'm no stranger to a tanning bed, I did work at a tanning salon (cringe) six years ago and had never been so dark in my life.  And yes, being tanned is a beautiful thing, especially when you're as fair as I am, it brings confidence, makes you look slimmer and there is almost no unflattering clothing colour.  However, the longt erm effects are not worth it.  I know much better now, and if I could take back the damage I've already done, I would because it was pure stupidity.

Now a days, I tan myself with self-tanners (and wear sunscreen every single day).  My favourite is L'Oreal Sublime (which as you can tell, I'm not wearing in these photos) for creating a great at-home tan.  However, I must say, nothing beats a real spray-tan done at the salon.  My fave is the Mystic Tan which a local tanning salon offers and I'm loving. 

SHARE:

10 comments

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried Mystic Tan yet but I have friends who have and it always looks great!

Collette Osuna said...

Hello...LOVE LOVE your outfit.....especially your booties:)

Have a Fantastic Weekend!!!
Statements in Fashion Blog

Anonymous said...

Beautiful necklace!!

Okay, so I've been thinking of trying spray tan but I keep hearing contradictory things! Do you find the tan wears off where your bra rubs or after working out? Those are the biggest complaints I hear .. .

I am Khatu said...

Jersey Shore brought orange back. love that necklace btw.

Sharon Lei said...

You are going to slap me! I used to Mystic Tan (so did the Pirate).. I have no idea why I did it because I'm naturally tan-ish (well, these days I'm pretty "white".. ha ha ha).. but it was fun going into the spray booths.... and my color came out so nice! AND you wanna know something weird?! When we vacationed in Tahiti, my tan was freakin' amazing! I was a golden tan-ish brown... I don't turn that color here in Hawaii.. I usually get brown.. the sun in Tahiti is different. ha ha ha ha ha.

Well, I love these booties on you and the necklace! I want to make one of those.

xx Love & Aloha
p.s. What is your shoe size?? I think you mentioned it before, but I'm too lazy to search for the answer.. ha ha. I gotta stop being "lazy". I promise to send it out my the end of the week. It's just something small from me to you.

julianne. said...

i die over those shoes.
you look amaizng.<3

Sara said...

Good for you! I worked with melanoma survivors for 3 years and trust me, it was enough to scare me out of the sun for good!

Anonymous said...

I know it’s really hard to find a great at home tanner. I had to try a ton of products before I found the one I use. It’s called Lasting Envy: Spray Tan In A Can. I use it when I am traveling or when I can not get into the salon for a spray tanning appointment with my regular technician. This product is very easy to apply, you should need any help. It will provide an even bronze tan. I carry this with me everywhere. Hope this helps some of you other ladies!

Alicia Lund said...

Oh I love these peep toe booties!!

Lorena said...

I am totally gasping at that marvelous necklace... its a work of art.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig