Thursday, January 19, 2017

WEEKEND CASUAL PARKA OUTFIT


O U T F I T  D E T A I L S  :  SANDOVA HAT (SIMILAR, BUDGET FRIENDLY)  |  PARKA FROM ITALY (SIMILAR, SIMILAR)  |  LONG SLEEVE THERMAL  |  CALIMAR FINGERLESS GLOVES (SIMILAR, DIFFERENT COLOUR BUT IDENTICAL)  |  DISTRESSED DENIM (SAME WASH, NOT DISTRESSED)  |  BOOTS  |  BAG

Hey ladies, today I'm sharing a classic weekend look for me, but a couple of ways I add pieces into a jeans-and-tee combo to elevate it.  I love dressing down on the weekends, and you'll almost always find me in flats during the day, out running errands, meeting with friends or grabbing a bite with Marco.  

I've had these Dr. Martens for a year now (got them during my trip to Tampa this time last year) and love them.  I am trying not to wear them too much in the snow right now, because I don't want to ruin them--and honestly, the grip on the bottom isn't really for snowy weather anyway.  That said, if you're going to jump on the Doc wagon, I have two small tips on how I like to wear them: Don't lace them all the way up & leave the laces undone; it gives an edgier, cool-girl vibe.

One other way to add interest: fingerless gloves--I like the black on black look, it blends into the coat but also adds a bit of style (and warmth) to an otherwise easy outfit.  And as my Grammy says, 'You can still text!'.  


SHOP THE POST








I don't always wear hats, but they certainly add something extra to a basic outfit.  For the past few years, I've been all about slouchy beanies, but this year I'm stocking my fur-pom-toque collection because I'm loving this look so much.

I found mine at Winners last year, and am so glad I purchased it--I literally bypassed it on three trips, because I knew I didn't need it, and finally scooped it up.  I'd really like to get a black one next.

When looking for similar hats this year, if you want a real fur pom, it's going to get up there in price.  When we were in Tremblant a couple weekends ago, I saw some similar hats in the window of a store but it was closed on Friday night.  I went in the next day after we finished skiing, and the hats were gorgeous, but they were priced $175 - $250!  That said, I love this Etsy seller (not sponsored) and am planning to purchase my next hat from her.   Bonus: support a small business + she's having 15% off right now!



Photography by Lisa Provençal.


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig