Monday, September 26, 2016

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps



Fall is here and I could not be more excited, and Friday night felt like one of those crisp, Autumn evenings.  I headed out to meet up with my girlfriends for dinner and drinks.  As usual, plenty of wine was consumer, chatter had & an overall great time.

Also, if you're looking for over the knee boots, the ones I'm wearing above are only available now in grey, but I have and love these, and the heel is a little lower which is great for walking.







We ended up going to Moxie's, and I had the ahi tuna salad and it was to. die. for.  Seriously, I am dreaming about the next time I can have this.  The tuna was so fresh, the greens were perfect and just an overall 5 stars.





Two breakfasts for Saturday--the first was an over easy egg with two egg whites, leftover navy beans from a couple salads I had made during the week, half an avocado and some hot sauce.  I'm definitely the type that needs to eat almost immediately when I get up.  Food and coffee are key for me to begin functioning!





Following a workout with the boyfriend, we grabbed a late brunch at Barley Mow, which is always good -- seriously, those hash browns are so good, I just try to only eat half.




FAUX LEATHER JACKET -- OLD (SIMILAR, SIMILAR)  |  FREE PEOPLE SWEATER -- OLD (SIMILARSIMILAR)  |  DISTRESSED DENIM (SIMILAR, BUDGET FRIENDLY)  |  FRINGE BOOTS  |  FRINGE BAG -- UNDER $30 (SIMILAR)

On Saturday night, we went to our friend's place for a casual dinner party.  There was about nine of us and they had their place decorated for fall with the cutest pumpkin table decor.   Aside from the scent of delicious spaghetti cooking, they had several spicy candles lit and it further reinforced that amazing fall smell.  I love breaking out the candles this time of year!





I was out of bananas, so I threw frozen blueberries in for my pancakes and they turned out awesome. Despite the recipe above, I do always throw in about half a cup of oats to beef up the pancakes--it also helps hold them together while cooking.





I had to run a couple errands during the afternoon so threw on this uniform and ran out the door.  I tell you, these flats are looking a little worse for wear, just due to the fact that I wear them so much.  They are on sale for half price and the comfiest flats I've ever owned.





And finally, Sunday night chilli!  I threw all the ingredients in the slow cooker before heading out for the afternoon and came home to a fantastic smelling condo.  I used this recipe and it turned out great, even Marco was a fan and he's the resident chilli master.  We topped it with plain Greek yogurt (so much better for you than sour cream, tastes great + adds protein), jalapeños, cilantro and grated cheese.

Hope you had a great weekend!

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig