Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Off the Shoulder Top & PS11 Mini Classic


O U T F I T  D E E T S :  DIY OFF THE SHOULDER TOP  |  DENIM - OLD (SIMILAR, SPLURGE)  |  ALEXANDER WANG WEDGES - OLD (SIMILAR, SWOON)  |  BAG (SAME COLOUR)  | SUNGLASSES (LESS EXPENSIVE OPTION)

I'm having a serious off-the-shoulder moment and if there is one trend you add to your closet this Spring, let it be this kind of top.  Super flirty and pretty, but also quite easy to pull off--you can find them at all price points.

Mine is actually a DIY--I took one of Marco's old button-downs that no longer fit and used this tutorial to make it into my own version.  I love how it turned out and have a few more set aside to do the same thing.  Although some of my other pieces are pricier, I'm a firm believer that style doesn't have to cost a fortune--if you can be creative, you can often save and be on trend.  

If you're not the crafty type, I've linked up a bunch of off-the-shoulder tops here under $25 to have you looking chic an stylish for Spring.








Okay, let's talk about the bag, eek!  I have been eyeing the Proenza Schouler Mini Classic in black for  over a year--even before the Antigona--but I knew I wanted my first big purchase to be a handbag.  That said, when I spotted this one in this sorbet colour, I knew it was the one.  

I found I didn't use my Antigona a ton last Summer, simply because it was black.  However, as soon as Fall hit, I wore it everyday and have gotten tons of almost-daily use out of it.  I also found that while a larger handbag is awesome, and I have no regrets, I decided the next big bag purchase should be a cross-body for hands-free purposes like shopping, running errands and just everyday life.  I wear my H&M fringe bag a ton and found myself choosing it over the Antigona for evenings out and shopping trips because it is so convenient.

I searched high and low for this bag, bypassed the other contender I have been eyeing, until finally finding it.  The sorbet colour is a few years older, but that doesn't bother me, I know it will get tons of use this Summer.  I will say, the inside of the bag is quite small--smaller than you'd expect, so it doesn't pack a ton, but the size is still great.  I found the slightly larger Classic size, brand new on eBay but decided I loved the Mini Classic more.

Lastly--does anyone have a light coloured bag and did you spray it to protect it?  I'm feeling a little woozy over the idea of potential dye transfer from clothes and such.  Any tips would be appreciated!



Photography by Lisa Provençal.


SHOP THE LOOK


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig