Monday, September 14, 2015

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps

Happy Monday!  I have to be honest, ladies, this weekend wasn't very eventful.  It was pouring rain on both days and we basically spend the entire weekend in the condo.  Sometimes weekends are just good for getting things done and relaxing...


ARDENE TEE (SIMILAR)  |  ZARA WAXED PANTS (LOVE THESE)  |  ASH BOOTIES (SIMILAR)  |  H&M BAG (SIMILAR)

On Friday night I met up with my cousins for dinner at Blue Cactus.  They were visiting from out of town and it was great to see them.  Afterwards, they went to check out the light show on Parliament Hill (which I was at the week before with a different out-of-town Aunt).  I would highly recommend it to anyone in Ottawa or visiting--it plays every night at 9pm for the month of September and is free.




I had the ahi tuna caprese salad for dinner and it was really great.  




Saturday morning breakfast.  I'm out of protein and waiting for my order to arrive so oatmeal instead of pancakes it was.




Marco got hurt the night before during his softball game, pretty badly too, so we ended up just staying home all day and night.  We had plans to go to a birthday dinner, but he wasn't up for it. 

I spent the afternoon cleaning and then filming a new video--which I will post here later this week.  However, if you want a sneak peek...




PONCHO  |  WALMART LONG SLEEVED TEE (SIMILAR)  |  H&M STRIPED TANK (SIMILAR, LOVE THIS)  |  LEGGINGS  |  H&M FRINGE BAG (SIMILAR, LOVE THIS)  |  F21 BOOTS (SPLURGE)




I went out a little later to grab us Indian take-out and we watched several episodes of Narcos.  Anyone else watching that show?  We love it!  It's so interesting and is ultimately a recap of what truly happened with Columbia, Pablo Escobar & the drug trade.

Also, this weekend truly felt like Fall with the rain and cooler temps--seriously bundled to go out!  However, it's supposed to be back in the high 20's this week which makes me happy.  As much as I love Fall fashion, and layers, it's a long winter.  




JACKET  |  MPG ZIP-UP  |  TANK  |  BAG

H I M :  HOODIE  |  HAT

Sunday morning selfie--on our way to the gym (he's still limping).

Afterwards, we grabbed breakfast at The Barley Mow, our fave spot, and home where I finished editing and recorded the voice over for my video.  I don't always write down what I'm going to say, but sometimes it's nice to have notes to remember what I want to say.



LE CHATEAU WEDGE (SIMILAR)  |  ADIDAS SNEAKERS  |  IRO HEELS

Some of the shoes featured in the video.





For dinner, I heated up some leftover fajitas I had made in the late afternoon yesterday (with minimal ingredients I could find) over some mixed greens and Sriracha sauce.


Hope you had a great weekend!
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig