Monday, June 29, 2015

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps



On Friday night I went for a manicure and got this sleek grey colour, which is super similar to a favourite I shared last month.  I had my girl re-shape my nails into a coffin shape and although they are a little short, she pulled it off (she's so good!).





That evening, my girl friend came over and whipped up a fresh Summery salad for us: spinach, pulled chicken, strawberries, pecans and goat cheese.  I hurt my neck a few days earlier at the gym so  she let me lie down while she cooked, which was exactly what I needed.  



DENIM JACKET  |  RAZZLE DAZZLE SWEATER (SIMILAR, LOVE THIS)  |  STRIPE BRALETTE (SIMILAR)  |  LEGGINGS  |  GLASSES (SIMILAR)  |  BAG

Later that evening I met up with Marco and a bunch of friends for a little shindig at a friend's place.

I was recently introduced to the Skinny Girl Margarita drink and love it.  I'm a big fan of tequila but find it's one of those weird liquors that is only good if you're blending it up (which is a hassle when you want to bring it somewhere).  This is a great alternative if you're looking for something other than wine or a vodka-water (my usual go-to's to keep the calories down).



Saturday morning pancakes--so easy and only three ingredients (well two, plus a scoop of protein, which is optional)!




Saturday was a bit of a lazy, recovery day from the night before.  I was super productive and cleaned up the condo, did some laundry and edited a new workout clothing haul video.



An outfit from last week (random but thought I'd throw it in, in case you missed it--plus I shared this pic on the 'gram over the weekend).



Saturday evening late night dinner:  Thai take-out.



Triangl sent me this amazing bikini and it just arrived!  I was debating between this & this but ultimately decided on the Bambi from their new collection.  

ON ORDERING:  I spoke with two agents on their live chat because I was unsure for sizing and they were consistent and both recommended the same thing.  I ended up getting a small+ (which is for a larger cup but smaller band) in the top and an XL for the bottoms (I'm 5'11 and wear a size 10 pant) and it's a perfect fit.



Sunday was super rainy and miserable. 



OPEN-BACK TOP (SIMILAR)  |  TANK  |  SHORTS  |  SHOES

Marco and I hit the gym in the late morning, which was my first workout since the neck incident on Wednesday.  I'm still a little sore but we did arms to avoid neck/back strain.  Additionally, my RMT suggested I not wait too long to return to the gym but to definitely go slow for getting back to shoulders. 



Then we went to the Barley Mow in Westboro to check out the breakfast scene.  OMG you guys, this did not disappoint!  The food and service was fantastic, the breakfast is only $7 and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  Even the coffee was awesome.




This cute lobster tea towel--I had to include it!  I picked this up earlier this week at Home Sense and think it's just so adorable.  I'm not usually one for blues in the decor realm, but it didn't come in any other colour.  So great as an inexpensive Summer kitchen refresh.

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig