Monday, June 15, 2015

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps


On Friday night, we had six of our friends over for a home-made pizza night.  Everyone brought something--salad, desserts, appetizers--and Marco whipped up his signature Italian style pizzas which were a huge hit.



On Saturday morning we shot an outfit before I took all this hair out and got on with my day.

Outfit deets coming soon.



Coffee, pancakes & YouTube to start the day.


TANK (on sale!)  |  SHORTS

Pre-gym selfie.



After my workout I hit up Marshalls to poke around.  I tried on and loved these nude+beaded single-sole heels but decided not to get them (I'm saving up for these instead).



There was a huge birthday party for our friend on Saturday night so I brought a veggie platter.  I picked up this cute platter (which is printed with teal and purple bursts) at the Dollarama so I could just leave it when we left.  So many times I'm trying to chase down a dish I left at a party, this is a really simple way to avoid that for cheap (total cost was $4). 


ROMPER (SIMILAR)  |  BRALETTE (SIMILAR)  |  SHORTS (SIMILAR, SPLURGE)  |  GLADIATORS  |  BAG

The party was a beach theme so myself and a few other friends went festival style.  I posted this picture on my Facebook page with the prices of each item.  Only the sandals and purse are new but everything is really budget friendly.  Also, I'm wearing a romper tucked into my shorts!



Metallic tattoos for the win.



I love this shot of our friend taking our picture with the birthday boy.  

If you look closely, you can see all the girls wearing flower crowns!  This brilliant idea came from a girlfriend so I picked up a bunch of fake flowers from the Dollarama and between three of us, we whipped up a bunch and brought them to the party to pass out.  At first people weren't too sure but half-way though the night all the girls were wearing them!  I even took my off to give to someone because there were no more left.  It was so fun.



Before leaving the condo, I made myself an afternoon snack--chopped tomato, avocado & arugula sprinkled with sea salt & pepper.  I think I just found my new go-to snack for the Summer.



DENIM JACKET  |  TANK  |  SHORTS (SIMILAR)  |  SNEAKERS  |  BAG

A brief trip out on Sunday afternoon to run some errands and then back home to rest.



Game of Thrones!  Our friend was having a GOT season finale party on Sunday night but I'm still five episodes behind and playing catch-up (this was episode 5 of 10).

For dinner I made really simple, turkey meatballs and a whole wheat olive oil pasta with tomatoes, sautéed onions and parmesan.

Hope you had a great weekend too!

SHARE:

2 comments

Unknown said...

omg I need to know how Marco made that pizza.... did he do his own crust? That looks to die for. Just missing a little balsalmic drizzle... mmm and the salad too!

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Jenna: Haha I love it! He actually buys the dough from a local pizzeria (is that cheating?) and then spreads it super thin. Also, not shown: drizzled with spicy oil and topped with arugula (great idea about the balsamic! Whoa, definitely doing that next time!).

Blogger Template Created by pipdig