Monday, November 24, 2014

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps

Outfit deets: Zara sweater (similar), Urban Planet double-layer cami & leggings (similar, more expensive) & Aldo booties (similar, similar).

On Friday night we went out with three other couples to Ace Mercado...



Click for more photos...

It's a new restaurant in town that hypes tequila and tacos and is serving up fresh competition to my personal fave, El Camino.

We had a reservation for 8pm and were seated immediately.  The drinks menu was awesome, the tacos were good and the atmosphere is really cool.  The mains were just okay and I can easily say that while it was an enjoyable evening, and despite some of our friends feeling differently, El Camino wins hands down for us.


Saturday morning on our way to the gym, just being silly in the car (I'm sure he'll be so pleased I posted this one).


After the gym we decided to grab a late lunch at Nandos.


Afterwards, we hit up Mexx and Winners and look!  I found identical stools to the ones I posted about a week ago--what a fluke!  They were $100 each and I showed them to Marco and he was not impressed whatsoever so they didn't come home with us (and the search continues).

Sidenote: these were at the Merivale location if you're on the hunt for stools (someone please give them a good home since I can't! Ha).


We had plans to attend a holiday party with friends on Saturday night but decided to stay home instead.  I spent the evening cleaning bathrooms and this mess of a closet (which is embarrassing to show because I'm secretly a huge slob but at the same time, I know everything can come across as perfect and easy online so trust me, over here, it's definitely an illusion half the time!).


Later on we went to Starbucks to meet a woman who bought my old iPad and we picked up some treats for movie night: fudge oat bar for me and a fudge brownie for him.  We watched the documentary, 'Happy' which was really interesting and put things in perspective.  Definitely kept my attention and we both enjoyed it.


I have been eating this breakfast recently that's super simply and healthy: 1/2 cup of oats, 1 - 2 tsp cinnamon, spoonful of chia & a spoonful of flax.  Pour in almond milk to cover and refridgerate over night (or if you're like me and always forget, 15 minutes or more in the fridge is great).  Definitely a great start to the day and something that makes me feel alive before work or hitting the gym.


After going to the gym, I went home and quickly got ready and met up with a girlfriend.  We went to The Scone Witch downtown, a small but very cool industrial type brunch spot.  They serve everything on in-house-made scones and the place was buzzing at 1pm.


I had the poached salmon on a herb-onion scone with salad and Shannon had the BLT scone with their soup of the day (potato something).  It was awesome and she had to convince me to leave without indulging in a second dessert scone!


We ended up at Marshalls and shopped and chatted for several hours.  Most times I prefer to shop on my own, for myself, but Shannon is a great shopping partner--we go our own ways, she checks in every 20 minutes or so with a cart so I can unload my armfuls and we carry on.  Plus despite being a foot apart in height, we often wear the same size so there is plenty of swapping and throwing items over the fitting room walls to each other!

I loved this 90 Degree by Relex long-sleeved funnel neck top.  The colour was super vibrant and it was only $25 but I decided to pass and put the money towards many other items I found including these MPG leggings (for $30) which are my favourite brand for workout leggings.


I also scooped up this adorable not-bandage-but-kind-of dress which I had tried on at Winners a few days earlier in a smaller size.  I was rushed on my lunch break and had to get back to work but couldn't stop thinking about it.  They had the same one at Marshalls and I tried the large and it fit really great.  I'm usually into slimmer fitting dresses so this is a nice change from the usual--it's pretty short but would be so pretty for a holiday party or NYE with or without tights--bonus, it was only $30!


I got home on Sunday night and at half-time Marco put up the tree!  I brought over all my Christmas decor from my parent's place this week and he promised to pull out the tree and set it up so here we go.  Unfortunately we need an extension cord to get the lights on and then we'll be good to decorate it this week!  So excited for Christmas and a tree for the first time in four years.

Hope you had a great weekend!

SHARE:

3 comments

LittleMy said...

I got that exact same dress in red from F21 but then returned it...$50 and not the most flattering on me. Glad you love yours though! :)

Unknown said...

Love the scone witch!!! (I lived in Ottawa for undergrad)

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Alisa: Darn!! You'll put the money towards something better at least, I'm sure :)

@Jill Sarah: no way! Awesome! I can't wait to go back for said dessert :P

Blogger Template Created by pipdig