Thursday, September 25, 2014

Healthy Two-Ingredient Pancakes


After sharing this photo on Instagram and having it blow up, I figured I had to share this super simple, gluten-free, dairy-free, healthy pancake recipe that I discovered it through Blogilates.

These pancakes are light, fluffy and best eaten stacked with some fruit on the side.  You could use syrup but I found the fruit was enough sweetness and I wanted to keep it as guilt-free as possible.

Click through to see how to make them...


Ingredients:
* 1 banana
* 2 eggs


I like to use my faux Magic Bullet, but you can use a blender or mix by hand if you want a mini-workout.


Throw in your banana & crack two eggs into your blender.


BLEND 

You could also add cinnamon & vanilla if you wanted (I didn't).


Grease your pan (I used butter) and pour the batter into small pancakes.  I used a medium heat at the beginning and then turned it down to low once the first batch was in there.  The pan stays relatively hot and these cook up fast so don't walk away.  It's about 1 - 2 minutes per side, but you don't want to flip them too early or they will fall apart.


Stack 'em in a pile, top with fruit & eat like a piece of cake.  

ENJOY!

SHARE:

6 comments

amanda* said...

WOW! I love pancakes but don't like how unhealthy they can be! These look so yummy and obviously healthier! Can't wait to try them!!! How do they taste?!

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

Amanda: I have been home sick all week and since discovering them on Tuesday, I've had them for breakfast three days in a row. And as a snack last night. Safe to safe they taste pretty freakin bomb 👍 (but def banana-y ;)

Unknown said...

Not sure if you like cooking with protein, but if you do you need to check out this guy's channel. His recipes are fantastic and some of his pancake recipes are seriously drool-worthy! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi6v2iv_jMxCoYRBQQi7zg

tracey said...

Made these over the weekend and they were a huge hit. Thanks again!

Roxi said...

I just made these today and they were SO GOOD!!!! I had to improvise a little because the yolks gives me acne, so I added two tbsp of pancake mix, water, and a lil bit of vanilla extract like you suggested. It came out so well! Yum! I'm gonna have to try it with a little protein powder next time.

Thank you so much for this delicious suggestion!

Roxi - www.persianfrenchie.blogspot.com

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Tracey: ahhhh that's awesome! So glad to hear!

@Roxi: amazing!! Thanks for sharing :D

Blogger Template Created by pipdig