Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Black Kimono with White Skinny Jeans

Outfit deets:
* Garage kimono cardigan which you saw in the my last outfit post (with a leather skirt) because clearly I have no other clothes to wear.
* H&M tank with a low back which I wore to Taco Fest.
* Paige white denim which have quickly become my favourite pair of pants and I'm convinced this is the brand I should buy from now on... except the price point.
* Accessories: Le Chateau cuff & 'Hope' necklace by Emily Elizabeth jewellery.

When I first bought this kimono-like cardigan in beige, I was a little uncertain about it being so... house-coat-ish?  Despite loving the look on other girls, it felt weird at first wearing this out of the house, despite the sweater-like material.  However, like most trends when you try them there is often an awkward, 'Can I really pull this off?' phase that will usually pass once you arrive at your destination.

This was no different, and even when I purchased the black, got it home and realized it was about 6 inches longer than the beige colour, despite it being the same size, I again felt a little odd rocking it for the first time.  And then again, after the first wear it almost becomes old hat and voila! you've made a trend your friend and can rock it with confidence.

Ever feel slightly out of place in your new duds at first?


Photos by Serena Rivard.

SHARE:

6 comments

Princess Audu said...

I love your kimono, the black and white combination is so classic and I adore your heels.

http://princessaudu.blogspot.com/

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

Thank you, Sarah!

Jess said...

I think I feel that way about every new trend at first. I remember at one point saying I'd never wear skinny jeans and now I only wear skinnys lol. Although I still can't see myself pulling off a crop top... Just looks weird.

Katie West said...

Yes! I also swore up and down that I would NEVER wear skinny jeans. Now I have stacks of skinnies and one pair of boot cut. I usually feel confident in whatever I wear though because I like standing out and being different. I am only disappointed when I see someone wearing the same thing as me. That is why I am more of a thrift shop girl.

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

Same here on skinnies! And yeah no for the crop too for me too. Wah wah.

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

I was the same about skinnies years ago!! Haha funny how the times have changed ;)
I love that (standing out)! Great attitude and POV, Kate :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig