Tuesday, April 8, 2014

What I Packed for Punta Cana


I started packing around 11pm the night before we left and ended up pulling an all-nighter. Talk about procrastination, but I think I did alright (and we had to be at the airport for 5am). 

First up, outfits for dinner. I really wanted to find a sexy dress but to be honest, I'm much more of a separates girl (and didn't have any luck dress shopping). 

I started by planning the outfits but quickly realized putting the shoes above helped me plan two outfits per heels. I would have loved to bring more shoes but that's not really an option with weight limits. Four of the outfits are shorts--my jam--and two are skirts.   

For jewellery, I kept it fairly simple with statement necklaces and I'll wear the same studs every day and night. I wore a couple bangles on the plane that I can swap in too. The clutch is an oldie but goodie from Ardène that works with mostly everything despite being a print. 

I'll be sure to share outfit photos as I wear these. 

Shoes (left to right): Shoemint, Le Chateau & Liliana. 


This is the fewest bathing suits I've ever packed and I'm kind of happy. Less selection but my absolute favourites, plus I get to wear them more than once. 

Top photo (left to right):
* Victoria's Secret top & bottom
* American Eagle top & Victoria's Secret bottom
* Ardène hat

Bottom photo:
* Ardène top & bottom (wore this yesterday)
* Ardène top & Victoria's Secret bottom
* La Vie en Rose hat


For casual day clothes I packed the new overalls, a variety of shorts, the new kimono, a denim jacket (also worn to travel), an open knit sweater & two pairs of flat gladiators. The Converse kicks were worn to travel in and perhaps if we go somewhere off the resort (I'm just excited to rock these newbies outside, finally). 

I also packed a couple of black cover ups/dresses for easy access at the beach and pool. 


Working out on vacation is something I enjoy since I love eating and drinking and basically just indulging. I forgot to include my gym shoes in this photo but they came with me too. I packed shorts & tanks for the week along with my running skirt. 

SHARE:

1 comment

Unknown said...

I love that lime green bathing suit. Such a cute top! Enjoy your trip - Jonesy (the-blisslist.com)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig