Monday, March 3, 2014

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps

Since I was sick all last week, my weekend was pretty low key and these weekend snaps are pretty boring with a lot of restaurant food--a nice change from five days of home-made egg-mcmuffin breakfasts, apples with cheese snacks and soup for dinner.  We had our new bed delivered, cable installed, ordered our sectional and found a mattress.  Read on to see basically what I ate...

Friday night on my own I had no groceries and did not feel up to going out so I ordered Greek on Wheels and edited some footage (if you'd like, see Sarah's baby shower video here).


I slept in Saturday morning and then did some light packing.  I used some winter accessories & pashminas to wrap up a few fragile items.  I am moving this Sunday!


On our way to the new spot, we stopped for chicken sandwiches and I splurged on fries (I never get fries but had a hankering).


I showered, got dressed and did my hair for the first time in a week.  I didn't feel great, but improved, which was a nice change from being so sick with a terrible sinus cold.  Here I am with our new bed!  We had scheduled the delivery over a week ago so it was a real week brightener.


The view from our new place--will be so nice in the summer with the water.


A sneak peak at the closet in the second bedroom with a few things.  I still have so much to bring but have purged a lot.


Quiet Saturday night in, resting more with some Carribean take-out.


Sunday morning I was woken at 8:45am by a call from the cable guy who was going to be at our new place, 'in five minutes'.  Panic!  I jumped out of bed, threw on some clothes, tossed my make-up in a bag and rushed off.  I called Marco immediately and he showed up just minutes after me with Tim Hortons in hand--so perfect.

It took over three hours for the guy to install the cable and Internet and we just sat around on our phones--isn't technology grande?  Afterwards, we ordered our new sectional and found a mattress which is being delivered on Tuesday.  Then home to rest for a few hours.


Later in the evening we returned to the new spot and did a few loads of laundry.  The fact that we have some fresh towels ready to go for when we move in makes me happy.  Plus, four fewer things to move.


The rest of the night was spent assembling our new bed since it's the only chance we have before the mattress arrives.  I'm so pleased with how it looks and can't wait to see it in the daylight.  Still need to buy a duvet, bedspread and throw pillows.  I've already purchased a set of sheets which I'll have to wash this week prior to move day.  Exciting time!


SHARE:

1 comment

dani said...

Ok, this post is making me a) hungry, and b) want to move into a new place and redecorate! ;)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig