Thursday, December 19, 2013

Merry Christmas…I have Laryngitis

Outfit deets:
* Urban Planet sweater which I have in baby pink & maroon (and you saw all of them in my Colour Pairings video), and you've seen outdoors with denim and boots.
* Urban Planet pants--my go-to black skinnies, they are the Brazil fit, $20 and perfect.  I own three pairs (hello that price!).
* H by Halston cap-toe heels that I picked up in Vegas which I wore during Toronto Fashion Week this year, also with my favourite maroon waxed pants & in my How To Wear a Sequin Skirt post last year around this time.
* Accessories: Sirens necklace, F21 wrap bracelet & MK watch.

So the good thing about blogging is you don't need a voice.  The bad news?  When you're sick you don't feel like taking pictures of yourself.  Fortunately I had this one that was taken earlier this week with this beautiful tree.

So I have Laryngitis; I've been fighting something all week and woke up on Wednesday with no voice.  I didn't realize this until I got to work and someone came to discuss something with me…Oh my! Where is my voice?  

It progressed and got worse through the day, until I was whispering only when necessary and my vocal chords felt very strained.  I went to the clinic and she confirmed, viral Laryngitis which means the only cure is rest--ie. no talking--and that I'm contagious.  That said, I'm home today, resting and missing my Christmas party lunch with colleagues #wahwah.  

How's everyone's Christmas shopping going?  Mine is not even half complete so I'm hoping to finish up this weekend and meet my goal of wrapping everything by Sunday night.  I always tend to shop right up until the last minute anyways, so, this is pretty normal.  Any last minute shoppers out there like me?


Follow me on Twitter & Instagram (I'm @acoest1984) for more frequent updates!  

As always, thank you so much for reading and coming to my little corner of the Internet.

SHARE:

2 comments

Melissa M said...

Feel better :-(

Unknown said...

The saddest part is that you probably chose a fantastic little fashion number for the Xmas party at work that you will NOT be able to dazzle them in. :-( Boo for being sick and congrats for being able to spell the word laryngitis - I would have had to look it up! Smiles and healing hugs!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig