Wednesday, August 7, 2013

How do you get dressed in the morning?

I have a mad love on for social media, however, Pinterest always took a backseat.  I always felt I had enough going on with Instagram, my blog, Twitter, and more recently when I added Facebook into the mix; you get the picture. 

However, that has recently changed and I've been turning to Pinterest when getting dressed in the mornings.  I'm not sure what it is, but it seems Monday through Friday is somewhat of a struggle to get dressed.  I stand in front of my closet for far too long trying to put something that's work-appropriate together; getting dressed on the weekends is much more fun.  Although I work in a large business-casual office, and sometimes push the limits, I try to veer on the side of conservative-ish... kind of.  This is hard to do when knee length skirts and dresses hit me mid-thigh #tallgirlproblems.

Additionally, I cannot pick out my outfits the night before; I need to go on how I'm feeling to get dressed, and that can vary drastically from evening to next morning.  The weather is always a depending factor too, but it's mainly an emotional decision (so complicated, I know).

I have found when I'm stumped, I will call on Pinterest to help me get dressed and look in my -Fashion Inspiration- folder for this.  Since I signed up for Pinterest a couple years ago, I had a good base but recently have been pinning and adding more photos to this folder to help myself on those mornings when I just have nothing to wear.

How do you get dressed in the mornings?


Find my personal style board HERE, and all my boards HERE.

SHARE:

2 comments

Katie West said...

I too have to wait and see how I am feeling before I get dressed. I usually stand inside my closet and start with a top and then match the bottoms. I am struggling with not being too matchy-matchy. I have been reading your blogs for years and am inspired by your use of colours!

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Kate: That's so sweet, Kate, thanks for saying that! I normally start with bottoms, myself... used to be shoes but it was getting kind of tricky.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig