Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps

So much happened this weekend and I wanted to blog on the weekend but I don't have an Internet connection at home anymore (tethering isn't working; so frustrating) and blogging from my phone is not ideal.  I have so much more to share (specifically pictures from my photoshoot on Saturday, the actual contest that the photoshoot is for and more pictures of our hike yesterday).  Here is a glimpse of what my weekend was like...

A casual outfit for getting a (spray) tan.  The quote on the mirror say, 'Let your faith be bigger than your fear'.  They always write sweet & inspiring quotes on the mirrors at the tanning salon I go to, which sometimes brightens my day.
Outfit deets:  Dynamite jacket, Max Studio light-knit sweater, Garage tank underneath, Mossimo pants & Aldo wedge boots.


 Stuffed chicken--feta, cheddar, basil & pesto--with a basil-cream sauce, asparagus and roasted potatos.


 My dinner guests brought a sweet surprise:  peanut butter cookies with chocolate stamped centres.


I added a banana to my oatmeal for the first time as per recommendation of a friend, but I didn't like it.  Back to berries!


Showing off the poster I'm on at the mall!  So exciting to see the results of last week's photoshoot come to life.


Saturday I did part two of the photoshoot for Place d'Orleans, which was fun.  I really loved this Coachella-inspired look (especially the denim vest; which makes me even more excited to wear mine!).


Coming home to a clean apartment is so nice (that's what happens when you're having company, you clean like a mad women.  This does not include the looming six loads of laundry waiting for me tonight.  #ugh).


I wore my new maxi dress to a Jesus-themed birthday party on Saturday night.  I made a leaf crown (see below), wore gold jewelery, cage heels & decided I was Eve.
Sidenote:  I sewed the hemline a little too long so even with my highest heels, it's not quite right.  I will be shortening it a bit, but since I didn't have time before the party, I simply knotted it off to the side at the front.


I threw in my extensions and did a bubble braid off to the side.  I loved how this turned out and plan to wear this a ton this summer.


Even though I'm kind of off gluten right now (more on that later this week), I can not resist a good burger.  You guys know I love burgers!


After the birthday dinner, as we were leaving, I met Melissa, a reader of my blog!  It was so exciting as it was the first time anyone 'recognized' me; so cool.  Thanks for making my night, M!


On Sunday, I went for my first hike ever at Luskville Falls.  It was a very difficult hike and a great workout, although scary at times since it was so steep.


 The view from almost the top; so beautiful and picturesque!


 Taking a break on the way down (which might have been scarier than going up, I'm still undecided.


Another burger (I know! Eep!) but definitely earned after two hours of hiking.  #thatisnotmypoutine



SHARE:

8 comments

Anonymous said...

Hi, on the oatmeal front. Add chopped apples, cinnamon, and chopped walnuts. Very yummy, nice change! :-) Enjoy!!

Melissa M said...

May I just say that Maxi dress is STUNNING! It looks fabulous on you and was perfect for the Jesus/Eve theme. I have NEVER heard of a Jesus themed party before! Very original! I am a huge burger lover as well, Five Guys is my fav. When I need to satisfy a burger craving but don't want to blow my healthy eating regime (when I have one), homemade burgers can be made healthier (using turkey instead of beef, whole wheat or no bun, low fat cheese etc....)

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Anon: I'll try it!! Thanks!

@MelMac: Awwww! THANK YOU! That's sooo sweet (re: the dress). I like making burgers at home too!! :D

Anonymous said...

How do you do that bubble braid??

Anonymous said...

I second the bubble braid comment... How do you do it?! My hair is that length naturally and I'm always looking for new & fun ways to style!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great weekend as per usual! I actually saw you downtown this weekend too and recognized you by your maxi dress! I contemplated approaching you a couple times but didn't know how to especially since the place was so busy (and I wasn't sure if it was creepy or flattering! I've been following your blog for a few months now and really enjoy it. Either way the dress looked great on you paired with the hair and shoes! Your explanation of the Jesus themed party helps understand the weird costumes we saw that night.

Amanda @ Life with A.Co said...

@Anon 1 & 2: If you click the link I posted above on 'Bubble Braid' it's for a tutorial of how to do it :) If you want me to do one though, I can :)

@Anon 3: No way!! That's so fun, you SHOULD HAVE approached me!! I would have looooooved meeting you (I've never met any of my readers who aren't already friends...or my mom ;) Hehehe! Haha and yes, the costumes were funny, 'eh? One guy ACTUALLY looked like Jesus :P #JesusWalks (<--- name of the party, lol).

Anonymous said...

It was great meeting you, you are so adorable! Keep up the great work, you know I'll be reading. Love all your your fashion finds and adventurous escapades!!

-Melissa

Blogger Template Created by pipdig