Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cute DIY Sweatshirt

Have an old sweatshirt that needs sprucing up before tossing out?  Or perhaps, like me, you're looking for the perfect casual-meets-cool sweatshirt.

I found this sweatshirt at Giant Tiger for $4 (what?!); they also had black and navy (which I may go back for another at that price).  The great thing about the price too is if you screw it up, it's not a huge deal.  Read on to see how I made this masterpiece...

 Fold the sweater in half so your neckline is equal.


 Start cutting about 2 - 3 inches in from the shoulder seam. 
 I wanted to keep the 'triangle' stitching at the neck so 
I just cut above that along the collar seam at the front.
(My boat neck actually ended up being a little too wide, but oh well, I will still wear it).


Voila!*


Pair it with:
* Jeans & a pair of ankle boots.
* A sequined skirt & tights.
* Leggings and a long tank (sporty, even works for the gym).


Don't feel like making one?  Here are some cute F21 options:
* Similar to mine (gray).



* Yes, I basically cut the neck line out of this sweatshirt and rolled up the sleeves.  It doesn't get much simpler than that.  You could cut off the bottom band, but I wanted to keep mine... for now at least.  Have fun!
SHARE:

1 comment

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

I've never heard of this place before but rest assured: I will be doing this for fun. Super simple and SO cute. Not to mention, I love huge sweatshirts, and anyway I can make them look like I didn't just roll out of bed... is good :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig