Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend Recap: iPhone Snaps

 The drive to Wasaga Beach (rainy the whole way)  |  Photo upon arrival (check out the photo-bombing sister in the background)
Outfit deets:  Gap cardigan, Costa Blanca dress, Sirens leggings, MK watch & Pandora bracelet

 Sleepy dog in transit  |  First night's dinner

 Sister morning run  |  Old school dryer that was in the guest bathroom (tee hee)
Outfit deets:  Garage tank, La Senza sports bra, Walmart leggings & Nike shoes

 Pretty flower pots at my grandparent's place  |  Their backyard

 Snacks for the afternoon party  |  Cousins

 Grandpa & me  |  Dinner on the second night (I forgoed the buns)
Outfit deets:  Dynamite faux leather blazer, Zellers top, Bongo pants & Suzy necklace

 Grandpa's famous breakfasts  |  New Joe Fresh pants (on super sale for $20, reg. $50!)

Peanut & Piper  |  Peanut

 Homeward bound road trip lunch  |  Wasaga Beach

This weekend, my family and I, took a trip up to Wasaga Beach to celebrate my Grandpa's 80th birthday.  We left on Friday around 9:30am and arrived at their place around 5pm (long drive!).  The following day there was a party at their place with about 40 people to celebrate such an exciting birthday with coffee, cake and snacks.  

In between partying and socializing with family, we ate a ton, visited and relaxed.  Unfortunately, the weather was terrible and it rained all weekend except for three hours on Saturday morning where my sister and I hit the roads for a quickie run and did some shopping at the grocery store shortly after (where I scored those awesome gold pants up there). 

We got back into town around 6pm on Sunday night and I spent the evening relaxing, giving myself a pedicure and winding down after a fun, family-filled, eventful weekend.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!


* Sorry for the lack of blog post on Friday; Thursday night ended up being hectic with trying to pack and whatnot so I figured I would blog on the trip down and brought my laptop with me.  Low and behold, of course, I was unable to connect into my Internet connection (via tethering with my iPhone) and thus could not blog.  I thought maybe I would get a chance over the weekend but didn't want to be a hermit on my laptop blogging when I could be visiting with my family.  xo
SHARE:

2 comments

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

even if the weather was cruddy that still looks like a nice time- food looks good, i love hanging with family like that and the puppies are adorbs!

I just looked at your post of your sister- so cute. there's really nothing like a sister, i dont know what I would do without mine.

Molly said...

Your Grandpa looks awesome. I can't believe he is 80! I would have guessed late 60's maybe. Looks like you had a great weekend.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig