* Alexandre Bartlett top from Winners (old)
* Mexx bubble skirt (old) that's been worn with a navy and baby blue colour blocked top
* Ardene flats, DIY'ed with a neon pink cap-toe
* Accessories: J.Crew necklace & Joe Fresh bangle
When I wore this outfit I felt like I was wearing a lot of colour. Looking at the photos now? Not so much.
I think in person though. rocking three brights at once is not something that comes easy for most. It certainly doesn't for me. Wearing one bright is enough, two is slightly intimidating and three is something I never thought I'd go for... until now.
I've been pushing my 'fashion box' limits lately, and wearing lots of colour is part of that. I used to be a big neutral person, but I'm trying to take advantage of the big colour-blocking (and neon) trend that is happening for this spring and summer. It's actually gotten to the point where I'm now no longer even wanting to wear neutrals! I am constantly going for the colours in my closet, versus the black and greys. Success!
How do you feel about wearing a lot of colour ?
Later that day, some girlfriends and I went out for a movie and drinks, so I slipped on my neon pink shorts and kept the rest of the outfit the same. Now how's that for adding even more colour!
Other ways I've multiple colours:
* Bright accessories: shades, pashmina & necklace
* Purple dress, orange necklace (a suggestion from a friend)
* My first colour blocking outfit
* Watermelon colours (I love this)
* The 'Easter threw up on me' outfit