Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Modelling Gig

Pre-show outfit: Sirens top, Stitches skirt & Spring gladiator sandals.
 
On Saturday night I had a little modelling gig.  Now first let me start by saying I'm not a model (obviously) but the opportunity came up so I said, 'Why not'.

A friend of a friend is in the early stages of opening up a styling business.  With the help of a local boutique, a photographer and a shoe company, she was looking to put on a small fashion show; sort of a Fashion's Night Out, sort of thing.  She recruited five girls to model (one being from an agency) and we each had six looks.  We had a fitting a few days prior to the show for the boutique and her to select our looks.

The day off, we arrived around dinner time, rehearsed, had our hair done and sat around for a while (I got a few pages in on my new book).  We helped set up the food and before we knew it, it was time to walk.  

There were about 25-30 people in the small boutique.  With each outfit we wore, the boutique's employees hand selected the accessories to match our outfit before we went out.  Sometimes we carried a bag, sometimes we didn't.   The best part was afterwards seeing the women who had watched the show, purchasing the exact look we had modeled (fun!).

While I didn't capture every look I wore from the show (it was a mad dash changing in between looks and getting back out to strut our stuff), I did manage to capture a few snippets from the evening that I'd love to share with you. 

Gosh lipstick (bright pink).

This was my finale outfit's necklace.  Worth a whopping $389!

Models helping set up for the show.


Custom cupcakes.

One of my outfits (this photo is from the fitting.  I wore the grey strappy shoes for the show).

Artwork.
We were asked to bring our own shoes in case the contract with Aldo fell through, 
which it did.  These were mine (among a few that are missing).
 
The hair chair.


Models waiting to walk.

 
Clothing at the store where the show was held.


Models off duty (haha).

My wardrobe.


The jewelery side of the store (all hand-made).


My first and final outfits.

SHARE:

8 comments

Sharon Lei said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon Lei said...

So awesome, A! I bet you worked your thang on the runway. :)

xx Love & Aloha
http://elisharon.blogspot.com

Schnelle said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun! I love your outfit in the first photo with the neon skirt and that pearl necklace is gorgeous!

Lindsay said...

Love love that necklace!

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

oh awesome!!!! this looks like so much fun and i definitely know why they chose you. i love everything- and that necklace is AMAZING! wow, wow and wow!

Jamie said...

What an amazing opportunity! This looks like it was so much fun. You were right to take it and run with it!!

The Blue Hour

Franziska said...

Your body looks sick in that black dress! So hot!

Unknown said...

Looks like an awesome event!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig