Friday, February 24, 2012

Shopping: What I Didn't Buy

I thought it would be kind of fun to share some of the things I didn't purchase. As most of you know, I love to shop (among other things thankyouverymuch) but shopping involves a lot of trial and error and I certainly don't come home with purchases every time. Most of the items below I liked, but didn't love so that means they stay at the store.

This was a quick trip to Winners (similar to TJ Maxx or Ross) on my lunch break one day:
Uknown sweater, $25  |  Calvin Klein top, $30

1.  This sweater was a pale pink and I hated it immediately.

2.  I liked this cK top, it was flattering and felt nice but the colour (taupe and white) aren't my favourite so I passed on it (but looking at it again now, I kind of wish I had purchased it).

Alexander Bartlett, $20  |  Unknown top, $35

3.  I have been seeing a ton of these types of tops for Spring, you know, with cut-out shoulders and at the time of trying on this top, it wasn't evident this was going to be a huge trend and I just felt so-so on the top.  Now, I'm on the hunt to find one (although this isn't the one, despite going back and trying it on again and in green).

4.  I love love love this top.  It pains me that it didn't come home with me.  It was super long in the back, double layered chiffon and oh-so-pretty.  I thought it was nice but was unsure and pressed for time and I passed.  Mistake!  I have since been to four other Winners looking for it and nothing.  So sad. 


Cynthia Rowley, $25  |  Unknown, $20  |  Alexander Bartlett, $25  |  BCBG, $60

5.  The CR skirt was cute, chiffon, and very well draped... except in the back which was pretty unflattering. 

6.  This orangey-red skirt was just awful once I put it on.

7.  I loved this and was convinced it was coming home with me, even after putting it on... until I turned around.  Yikes.  It was not flattering and the white side panels highlighted every bulge.

8.  I really wanted to love this black and nude BCBG number but it was of body-con fabric/material and not flattering in the least (baby bump?  No, simply chub).

Max Studio (by Max Mara), $50 each

9. & 10.  I loved these dresses and loved even more the fact that they were long on me (so rare to find a maxi long enough for someone who is 5'11).  I preferred the green but simply wasn't sold.  Another case of like, but unsure, so I left it (if you don't love it, leave it).


 
What I wore shopping:  H&M jacket, F21 top, H&M pants, Bamboo boots, Dollarama ring & Suzy necklace

SHARE:

4 comments

Diana said...

I love the maxi dresses!

Schnelle said...

I just bought one of the shoulder cut-out tops today; I'll be posting about it later! AND I just looked up what Winners is after seeing outfit post after post on different blogs and wondering what the heck kind of store it was! Ironic? Yes, very.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I hope you find another cobalt tank like that gorgeous flowy one!

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

Isn't it painful when you try on a million things and NOT be 100% sold? It happens to me A LOT. And NOT buying something and trying to find it later is the worst! BUT I love your philosophy and now you have money for the items you just cannot live without :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig