Friday, October 1, 2010

Multitasking Spaghetti


One of my fave 'healthy-easy-doesn't-take-too-long' dishes is spaghetti.  I don't follow a recipe, the only prerequisite is that it is full of lots of fresh veggies (I like chunk to my spaghetti... and crunch for that matter!).  It's pretty simple, so long as you are a good multitasker for a solid 30 minutes.  So, get to the groccery store, grab your fave veggies, some ground beef and tomato sauce and let's get to work.

Cook up one package of lean ground beef...

Mince garlic and sautee in the wok with some olive oil...

 Grab your fave veggies, and chop 'em up.  I like colour and lots of mushrooms!

 Chop the onions first and add them to the garlic sautee...

 Continue stiring the beef...

 Once the veggies have sauteed together for about 5 minutes,
drain the fully cooked beef and add it to the wok...

 Grab the Prego (told ya I like mushrooms)...

 ....Add it to the mix....

 Let it simmer and let the flavours come out (this is a great time to add spices, salt & pepper)...

Grab your pasta (I like to switch it up, but this night I was feeling the traditional spaghettini)...

Boil it till al dente

 Pop the garlic bread in the oven (had to put cheese on ours)...

Enjoy!
SHARE:

5 comments

Anonymous said...

Love that you add lots of veggies - and love the cheese bread too haha :)

Miss ♥ Nikka said...

That looks so yummy. I never had a spaghetti with veggies.

Isabel said...

looks yummy! id propbably eat 1/2 a loaf of garlic bread and then it wouldnt be a healthy dinner anymore lol

Kristin Hassan said...

looks delicious! i love veggies in my pasta too! I used to love mushrooms too, but when I was pregnant I had a huge food aversion to them and hsven;t enjoyed them since :(

enter to win a $20 gift card to forever21 at my blog, www.thenotsodesperatehousewife.com

palmandpineblog said...

Looks great! Yummm.

<3, natasha
twenty-something blog

Blogger Template Created by pipdig